World’s First SSD based super computer?… You Must BE Kidding me!.. :0by Nishant Arora on 18/12/2011
I was just going through this post on Tom’s Hardware and was stumped over the stats provided, San Diego Computer Center comes up with GORDON, the world’s first Solid State Drive (SSD) based computer (SSD’s are very fast drives, light and portable, its like a pendrive but with the capacity of a hard drive, damn expensive). The trouble was digesting these stats!
- It has 16,384 Computer cores. (My laptop has just 4 and desktop just 6)
- Theorotical Performance of 280+ Teraflops/second.
- Read/Write speed of 200 GB/Second.
- 64TB RAM (No Comments!)
- 4 Peta-Byte Storage
- 36,000,000 IOPS (Input/Output Ops/Second)
- Costs roughly $20,000,000 (USD)
Its like, just fab, I am just waiting to work on any of the top 50 fastest computers in the world, GorDon comes in at 42nd. :).. Hope these figures improve by the time I get my hands on any one of them, surely they shouldn’t freeze, or be compared to a Mac.. :P
Dreaming, what I would if I were using it!
Incoming search terms:arora supercomputer | bsnl palm iop |
Some Other Random Posts: